Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #241
    Inactive Member juanexpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rudy, I have listen to your sample again. It sound really. About the reverb: It?s ok but it gets more present because there are no instruments in the mix.
    Another thing can improve the sound it the panoramic. I hear all your elements in the center. You can add some more space if you set, for example: BD and Snare in the center( or a little R or L), TOM 1: light LEFT,TOM 2: center and TOM 3: light RIght. The same with your cymbals. This is if you do the mix from the point of view of the drummer. If you mix from the point of the "audience" it?s the opposite.
    Hey, I am not an expert...it?s just a comment.
    Again, I like your sound pretty much.
    Bye

  2. #242
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's the latest arrangement, by Conexion Latina
    (Europe), which I am purposefully approaching,
    with a MUCH LIGHTER attack, convinced that it
    (power) might be taking away from my ear for
    the lines and I think there's merit there:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/flotandoenelaire4.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/flotandoenelaire5.mp3

    I'm drastically lower coming out of the solo-
    sections - something unusual for me, as well
    as the rest tune, really concentrating on the
    horn lines etc.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 19, 2004 03:23 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  3. #243
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Juanexpo,
    I just realised something. My recordings are in stereo, with everything panned left centre and right, same way as you said, but my line in to my pc is making everything mono. I don't know why I didn't notice this before you mentioned the panning. Not only that, but, I made some 2 bar drum samples today, and recorded them as wavs and sent them to a friend who wants to use them. But they're in mono, and I've erased the originals from my minidisc! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

  4. #244
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I discovered the reason for the mono, and now I've got stereo. Yay!
    Here's some recordings I did today. Stuff 6 and stuff 7 are the same, but stuff 6 has just got reverb from the mixer, no added effects. Stuff 6 is a bunch of things I played around with, and in a couple of places I edited together to get rid of the really crappy bits, and the rest were play, then stop, then play ,etc with the minidsc running [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    http://freespace.virgin.net/roman.five/stuff4.mp3

    http://freespace.virgin.net/roman.five/stuff6.mp3

    http://freespace.virgin.net/roman.five/stuff7.mp3

    Also, Some 2 and 4 bar breaks I did for someone;

    http://freespace.virgin.net/roman.five/beats.mp3

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 18, 2004 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Rudy_Ment ]</font>

  5. #245
    Inactive Member FlamTriplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Originally posted by peter c:
    FlamTriplet,

    Tell me about your seat height,
    if you don't mind. I picture you
    sitting a little up, with a down-
    ward slope on your thighs.

    Thanks, again.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ February 11, 2004 06:08
    PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, lemme run over to my kit and check it out, hold on......

    Ok, since the video, I dropped my seat height a bit. I just checked, and now my legs have a around a 5-10 degree angle down.

    Four years ago, I injured my right knee and had inflamed cartiledge in the kneecap. And I realized that sitting low can stress the knees, so I set my seat pretty high. Also, I noticed, if you have an out of control heel-toe motion---the heel impact can wreak havoc on the knees as well.

    Since my knee is in good shape, I felt safe to move back down. It makes me play more funky in the fuson thing. But I make sure there is a slight slope down on the knees.

    And tonight at band practice, I played heel down 90%. I used my heels as leverage on the long boards, they pulled the beaters back and gave me more power, and my legs and ankles worked together in the stability on the heel area of the footboard. And the pedals just played themselves----it felt good, I had more control than heel up, and it was much easier to play. Go figure. Things can change day to day.

    [img]wink.gif[/img] www.modulusmusic.net [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 18, 2004 01:15 AM: Message edited by: FlamTriplet ]</font>

  6. #246
    Inactive Member Derek DeFields's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2001
    Posts
    1,144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You shouldn't regret posting it. We all have a lot to learn. You put your stuff out there and it sounds like you'll improve as a result. What more could you want? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #247
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well it's great to get positive feedback such as yours and dazzlers, only it hurts like fuck when you think somethings quite good or cool, and you get shattered when you realise its nowhere near good. It makes me wanna give up.

  8. #248
    Inactive Member Derek DeFields's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2001
    Posts
    1,144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hear you and my ego has been as bruised as much as anyone's.

    Still, I really think this is the place to find things about your playing you don't like. Better here than on an audition or gig. This is a pretty kind crowd anyway in my experience and while criticism can hurt, I've never seen anyone here slam anyone on HOD for their playing.

    Dazz is giving good feedback but it sounds to me like what's bothering you most is that now YOU hear problems that you didn't notice before. That's a little something I like to call learning and it's nothing but a good sign about you and your playing for the future.

    Try not to get frustrated. (believe me, I get more frustrated with my own playing that you can possible imagine. just ask my wife. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

  9. #249
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks derek, and my sincerest apologies for sounding negative. You are right, I have too much ego, and I have no right to have ego until my playing is at a better standard.
    Yes, I'm learning all the time, and I know the crowd here at HOD is awesome. I never took dazzlers comments the wrong way, he's a good guy.
    I know that stuff6 was a bunch of chops,( and a few that were very badly executed) and there were pauses in between. What I don't quite get is this. Solos basically are a bunch of chops aren't they? I've been listening to a few solos recently, and they have much the same thing, where there's not much structure, just things happening randomly, a sort of freeform solo. Then there's the steve gadd type solo which is very structured and rhytmic. Aren't they both valid?

    Also, stuff4. There's structure to that, no? I know it's not executed anywhere near as well as it should be, but since I'm all ears to learn, what is your brutally honest opinion of that recording?

  10. #250
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rudy, Rudy...

    Listen to monster Derek and Dazz.

    Almost everyone on this board is
    here to contribute. When they re-
    spond with ANYTHING, it's great.

    It tells you something from their
    perspective. That's what you want,
    right? You don't want me to sit
    here and tell you things that are
    not true. I know you don't.

    Dazz was right about the little
    snips. So was I. I like their
    sound but that was all I was say-
    ing, given there was not a whole
    lot to go off of.

    If you really want to get them
    going, play a tune and with some
    kind of groove. I'm sure you'll
    kill it and maybe then, you'll
    hear more from us.

    Be positive! The guys are here
    for each other.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 18, 2004 04:21 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •